What are the Forum's Objectives?
- To act as a nationally recognised independent reference point for Government Office, National Treatment Agency and Drug Action Teams.
- To debate the delivery of new initiatives and guidelines amongst members.
- To act as a consultation group and provide a national response to Government policy in practice based on worker experience and feedback.
- To promote and develop the sharing of good working practice and partnerships within the criminal justice framework.
- To support and develop new and existing criminal justice drugs intervention teams, schemes and individuals incorporating all groups of workers.
- To provide a comprehensive website, regular forum meetings and newsletters.
- To organise and deliver an annual national criminal justice intervention conference.
- To highlight areas of training need and signpost members to appropriate resources.
- To provide informal training both regionally and nationally via specialised guest speakers at forum meetings.
- To develop regional criminal justice drug worker forums to enable more effective working partnerships and information sharing.
- To ensure that all terms of reference link into the Forum's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To provide appropriate member representation on Home Office Working parties and feedback progress to the forum membership.
- To provide worker-support networks and play a positive role in the improvement of performance.